Barr Environmental Limited, part of the McLaughlin & Harvey Group is a leading waste management company operating throughout various locations in the west of Scotland. An exciting opportunity has arisen within our management team and we are seeking to recruit a Business Development and Bid Manager reporting directly to the Company Accountant.
The successful candidate will be competent in dealing with all aspects of sales with previous exposure to submitting tenders and price negotiations and working closely with stakeholders. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines. This role will suit an experienced sales professional who is a natural people person that excels in building relationships.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Tender management
- Contract management
- Lead and manage current and potential commercial relationships
- Actively seek to identify sales opportunities
- Generating quotations
Proven track record in similar role will be considered but the successful candidate may be qualified in marketing and/or business administration
- High level of numeracy with strong commercial acumen.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Problem solving, prioritising and working to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers, customers and colleagues of all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Strong administrative and IT skills using all MS Office programmes.
- Experience of working within waste industry.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
You will be based at our offices in Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill and will be part of the wider Barr Environmental management team.