McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced 1st Line Helpdesk Technician to join the IT team.
You will be the first point of contact for support calls to our service desk and will provide first line technical support to internal business clients for software and hardware issues.
You will also be responsible for undertaking daily operational checks, investigating problems identified, and deployment and support of corporate laptop, desktop, and mobile devices.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to understand and manage changing priorities in a complex environment.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
• The first point of contact for support issues
• Assisting end users with issues and providing ‘how to’ advice for our systems
• Installation and support of software and hardware, including workstation imaging and deployment
• Maintenance of IT asset register
• Rotational office duties, e.g., changing backup tapes
- Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
• Excellent communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
• Self-motivated and well organised.
• Enthusiasm for technology, a desire to succeed, and a willingness to learn.
• Good fundamental knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with iOS and Android mobile device operating systems.
• Familiar with ITIL principles and standards.
• Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory for managing users and computers
• Experience of printer support and troubleshooting
• Experience of conferencing systems, e.g., Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams
• Ability to carry out basic PC/laptop/mobile hardware repairs
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent Graduate wanting to kickstart their career!
McLaughlin & Harvey Ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer