McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Site Manager to join the team.
The successful candidate will have a wide and varied remit making full use of their experience and skills.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in safe delivery of high quality medium to large scale projects to budget and programme.
- Have an understanding of the type of building contract, and the key project stakeholders e.g. client, client’s representatives, design team etc.
- Have a full understanding of the scope of works for each sub-contractor package, and have access to a paper copy of each sub contract order.
- Liaise with the PM and PQS on works not deemed to be included within the scope of works for the project.
- Issue permits for various work activities, and close out accordingly. Have the ability to undertake material/equipment orders, and liaise with the project quantity surveyor.
- Provisions/diversion/upgrade/protection works, and be able to manage the process via meetings/dialogue etc. with the relevant utility companies.
- Make any necessary applications for permits to the Highways Authority for road openings, location of skips and/or welfare facilities.
- Make any necessary applications to utility companies for temporary building water, drainage discharge and electricity connections to welfare facilities
- Have an understanding of any off site Highways works, and be able to manage the process via meetings/dialogue etc. with relevant parties.
- Raise NCR’s for works undertaken that are of poor quality.
- Ensure that sub-contractors compile and issue inspection and test plans (ITP’s) for various works packages, and that these are checked and closed out accordingly.
- Compile snagging lists and manage the process for closing out.
Health & Safety
- Understand their duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, and the responsibilities of other parties, and ensure compliance on each project.
- Undertake the role of temporary works coordinator (where applicable).
- Ensure labour only sub-contractors have been properly assessed for the tasks they are undertaken and that method statements and risk assessments are in place for them.
- CSCS/CSR card
- SMSTS qualified
- First Aid at Work
- Professional qualification
Relevant previous construction experience in one or more of the following;
- Commercial, retail, healthcare, education, refurbishment and/or new build
- Proven ability to manage and control subcontractors in line with the project programme, safety and environmental legislation.
- Experience of temporary works procedures
- Ability to operate within a team environment
- Ability to produce short term programmes Quality focused Leadership skills IT skills
McLaughlin & Harvey Limited are an Equal Opportunities Employer