The Inside Sales Hygiene Expert will represent the Sales interests of the company and is responsible for positively promoting the organisation to its customers and prospects.
The Inside Sales Hygiene Expert will initiate contact with potential customers to either sell the service directly or liaise with the Hygiene Sales Experts for large value orders to present Citron Hygiene services.
• Deal with a high volume of outbound and inbound calls on behalf of the business.
• Respond to and target prospects through tele-sales activities.
• Conduct sales directly over the phone for both consumable and hygiene services.
• Set goals with the Inside Sales Manager to ensure targets are achieved on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Meet and aim to exceed productivity and activity targets.
• Use SFDC and other company defined IT systems to effectively manage pipelines, report activity, track sales, send contracts to clients, book appointments and communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner.
• Attend internal meetings and training sessions fully prepared with the relevant data on market opportunities.
• Promoting a positive and professional Sales attitude in the office and on calls to ensure the high standards required by Citron for customer service, hygiene, and environmental consciousness are maintained.
• Follow the Citron policies for team members, especially but not limited to the commercial DOA, pricing book, SFDC policies, tender and bidding processes and standard codes of Ethics and Health and Safety that ensure Citron is a great place to work for all team members.
• Carry out market research and maintain knowledgeable about the washroom and consumable markets in the defined territory, including awareness of competitor activity and new legislation, sharing with your team members and sales leadership teams as appropriate.
- No formal qualifications are required for the role.
• Strong relationship, account management, communication, problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate the use of intermediate sales skills especially but not limited to – Listening, questioning, summarising, providing, negotiating, closing, and handling customers concerns.
• Skilled in building and leveraging relationships over the phone.
• Demonstrates the ability to work in a matrix environment working closely with Sales colleagues in internal, and regional teams as well as operations, marketing, sales operations, finance, bid team and safety and compliance to achieve the business’s goals.
• Ability to demonstrate the use of basic sales skills especially but not limited to – Listening, questioning, summarising, providing, negotiating, closing, and handling customers concerns.
• Industry relevant sales experience is preferred but not essential.
• Able to understand Sales related IT systems (Salesforce.com) and use them effectively to manage pipelines and sales activity.
• Demonstrable track record of driving sales growth in a tele sales, new business, or territory management role.