With decades of experience, the close-knit team at TREND Networks (Formerly IDEAL Networks) understands the challenges that data cable installers, network technicians and systems integrators face each day, around the world. That’s why we support our customers with an extensive range of innovative data cable and network testing equipment that provides fast, accurate results in all circumstances – even the most difficult ones. Our deeply engrained ‘Depend On Us’ philosophy ensures that our customers know we will always provide the performance and support they need.
In line with our Depend on Us philosophy we are expanding our Quality Engineering team to help us deliver our ambitious new product road map and ensure existing products are exceptional.
The Quality Engineer’s role will be to
- Support the R&D team in creation of new products the customers can “Depend On Us”.
- Develop testing procedures and processes to improve the overall quality of new and existing products.
- Work closely with the R&D team to diagnose issues and help with resolutions
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Testing new and existing functionality covering both UI and back-end features and helping to ensure time critical releases are defect-free and match requirements
- Driving automated testing inside the company. You will implement and maintain tests to software development best practice through the application of agreed processes whilst maintaining an analytical attitude and looking for opportunities to do things better
- Proposing code and software architecture changes to make the software more testable. You can propose and monitor quality metrics for the automation tests such as downtime, response time, test coverage.
- Analysing functional specifications to break the feature down into testable units, devise suitable testing approaches, write test cases and execute manual tests.
- Working as part of the testing team alongside developers and product designers to plan and execute your work
- Driving software testing best practice through the application of agreed processes whilst maintaining an analytical attitude and continual improvement mindset.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- A successful track record of testing software to tight deadlines in an agile software development environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to break a complex process into smaller units for testing
- Proven ability to develop acceptance criteria and test conditions from requirements and technical specifications
- Excellent ability to identify test automation opportunities and present testing solutions to improve testing team performance
- Experience in test automation projects and knowledge of methodologies, frameworks, and tools.
- The ability to switch between tasks and manage multiple projects at a time
- The ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships
- The ability to manage priorities
- A high level of resilience
- Assertiveness and the ability to ensure the team listen to your feedback
- You must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
We would be particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have:
- Knowledge of Qt development framework
- Knowledge of Squish testing framework
- Experience with CI:CD such as GitLab
You will probably be educated to degree level but may have completed an alternative professional route such as an apprenticeship.
Finally, you must have the right to work in the UK (without sponsorship) and be able to commute to our office in Stokenchurch, High Wycombe.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Agencies – We are handling this in house and will reach out to our preferred suppliers if needed.