Are you an HNC qualified engineering technician?
Do you have 3 years-experience in electronics production?
Do you want to develop your career in supply chain engineering?
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Supply Chain Engineering team, who work at pace to ensure our manufacturing meets customer demand. The Supply Chain Engineer will work as part of the Supply Chain Engineering team to support the internal operations, Contract Electronics Manufacturers and suppliers to ensure best in class quality, delivery & cost. You will also assist the Development team in New Product Introduction and the maintenance of existing products.
This varied role includes:
Working with all suppliers to:
- Quickly identify supply risks on a daily basis.
- Monitor & maintain/improve quality, cost, delivery, part obsolescence and slow-moving stock.
- Create and release updated BOMs to in a timely manner. • Perform and maintain supplier audits.
- Identify potential single source component risks – both for price & availability.
- Source new suppliers when required & continuously working to improve existing ones.
- To own the change / concession system from design to our manufacturers.
- To own the product build standard system.
- To ensure products meet compliance requirements, e.g., RoHS/Li-Ion labelling/conflict minerals/REACH.
- To manage production test equipment/specifications with CEM’s & service centres to ensure no downtime.
- To support service centres.
- To support off-site warehouse when products require configuration, updates to stock etc.
- Cost control of the product range (benchmark) and accessories through world-wide sourcing.
- To monitor, analyse and continuously improve quality (through KPI’s) – both in factory & returns from field.
- Assist with product/accessories from prototype through to manufacturing and configuration.
- Assist in ensuring that product design meets all the manufacturability, serviceability and testability criteria.
- Assist with the purchase of manufacturing and test related fixtures.
To succeed in this role you will be:
- Qualified to at least HNC level in Electronics engineering • An engineering technician in an electronics Production Engineering Department or already experienced in a Supply Chain role
- Be able to demonstrate your knowledge of modern electronics with assembly production and functional test methodologies/techniques.
- Able to provide evidence of electro – mechanical procurement/purchasing in a global environment to quality and cost requirements
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of circuit schematics & debug methods
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office Packages especially Word and Excel.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work within a Quality Management environment.
- Methodical in your approach to problem solving. • A team player with good communication skills in English (written and oral).
- Self-confident to take initiative and not to be afraid to ask questions
In addition, we are keen for candidates to have:
- Experience of process improvement/LEAN principles/Six Sigma etc.
- Knowledge of injection/compression moulding.
- An understanding of 2D mechanical drawings.
- Experience of using 3D software packages.
This role is based in Stokenchurch, High Wycombe and you will need to be able to commute to this location on a daily basis. There may also be occasional travel to visit suppliers and other company sites.
With decades of experience, the close-knit team at TREND Networks (Formerly IDEAL Networks) understands the challenges that data cable installers, network technicians and systems integrators face each day, around the world. That’s why we support our customers with an extensive range of innovative data cable and network testing equipment that provides fast, accurate results in all circumstances – even the most difficult ones.
Our deeply engrained ‘Depend On Us’ philosophy ensures that our customers know we will always provide the performance and support they need. Headquartered in the UK, with international offices and an experienced global team, we manufacture and supply a range of industry leading and dependable test equipment that makes our customers’ jobs simpler, including: cable certifiers, data cable testers, cable verifiers, cable qualifiers, fibre cable testers, active network testers, network transmission testers, PoE testers, CCTV testers, bandwidth testers, industrial ethernet testers, and more.
Please submit a full CV.
Candidates must have the right to work in the uk please note we do not offer visa sponsorship.
We are only accepting direct applications (No Agency submissions please)
Following a short telephone interview, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview in Stokenchurch in Early - Mid June.