We have just launched a fantastic new product (with more in the pipeline) and need to expand our production team to cope with demand. As such we need an additional Electrical/Optical Production Technician join our team.
Our Production technician will
- Undertake Electrical and Optical production and assemblies as required.
- Ensure production is delivered on time, on budget and to agreed quality requirements.
- Execute design changes for electrical and optical designs, models, and simulations to meet existing and future product demands.
- Ensure all customer interactions are delivered to the highest standard, with the ethos of pace, precision, and partnership.
On a daily basis you will
- Check on inventory as orders are added to the production schedule.
- Follow the 2nd Assembly procedures to solder additional parts onto the 1st Assembly circuit boards.
- Complete electrical tests on circuit boards prior to final assembly Install the firmware onto the circuit boards
- Complete the final assembly including adding the optical components (lasers, detectors, couplers, etc.), making all the connections and fastening components together into the case.
- Perform tests using benchtop equipment and adjust for calibration.
- Complete final quality checks
- Diagnose and resolve any circuit problems that are identified during the production and testing process
- Gain efficiencies by improving processes to remove friction where possible.
- Repair and calibrate customer’s equipment.
What are we looking for?
- A relevant qualification such as Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Certified Production Technician (CPT) or equivalent
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role or a relevant internship whilst studying
- Experience and proficiency with microprocessor programming
- Experience and proficiency with soldering technologies
- Experience of working in an environment where a physical / technical product is at the core of the business
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office Packages (ideally you have also used MRP and ERP systems)
Ideally you would also have
- Experience with surface mount soldering technologies
- Experience with electrical and optical test and measurement
- Experience in C/C++/Assembly level languages
- Manage priorities for yourself
- Demonstrate a good attention to detail
We are also looking for candidates to be aligned with our core values of Pace, Precision and Partnership
Please note we are only accepting direct applications - no agencies
This is a Full-time role
Salary: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
Benefits include: 401K, paid vacation, Health, Dental and Optical Care and Life cover.