Vicon is the world leader in motion capture technology, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and life science industries. Vicon products have been used in major feature films, games and commercials, and Vicon is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting edge-science. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles.
Vicon is a subsidiary of Oxford Metrics Plc.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer to join our development team in Oxford. Reporting to the Hardware Development Manager, you will form part of the team creating industry leading hardware products.
• Electronic Design of a range of hardware products including high speed motion capture and video cameras, calibration devices and synchronisation and networking equipment.
• Working alongside, and sometimes leading, teams comprising of electronic, mechanical and software design engineers in the creation of high performing and cost-effective solutions.
• Ensuring designs have appropriate test coverage for development and manufacture and that designs meet appropriate regulatory compliance.
• Full product lifecycle involvement from early conceptual studies through to manufacturing support post-release.
• Key requirements are VHDL/Verilog for FPGAs (including implementation of algorithms), high speed digital design, a working knowledge of analogue design and experience of developing products for manufacture with an emphasis on DFM/DFT.
• Suitable candidates will be educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with demonstrable and relevant industry experience.
• We’re looking for an outgoing, confident and self- motivated candidate that will be a great fit within our small and highly experienced team of engineers.
• A working knowledge of image sensors, optics, Ethernet and RF Design would be advantageous.
For more information please visit our website
Vicon Motions Systems Ltd is an equal opportunities employer