Vicon have revolutionized the motion capture (Mocap) industry for over 35 years, by pioneering a range of technologies – from optical to inertial and VR – to allow our customers to capture and analyse motion of all kinds. The VICON Mocap systems consists of specialized cameras that record the movements of markers or sensors attached to the person or object being tracked. The data from the cameras is then processed by Vicon’s proprietary software to create 3D models of the movements. Vicon systems can be used in a variety of applications, including.
1. Entertainment – Work with the leading production studios and game developers to ensure Vicon systems deliver the highest accuracy, flexibility and performance.
2. Life Sciences – Capture movements of real subjects and provide insights into human motion, to help advances in the biomechanics, physical therapy and sports science.
3. Virtual Production – Enable real-time performance capture, pre-visualization and translation of data into digital animations that are integrated in a virtual environment.
4. Engineering – Provide tracking solutions for leading companies and innovative end users in the engineering industry for many years,
5. Virtual Reality – Create realistic and natural movements for virtual characters and objects and allow users to interact with and manipulate these.
Vicon Motion Systems Ltd is a subsidiary company of Oxford Metrics Plc. We have offices in Yarnton, Denver, Los Angeles & Auckland.
We are looking for talented and experienced UX Designer, to join our Design team in Oxford, England. We work on a wide variety of interesting, technical projects and strive to produce easy to use, high-quality, robust applications. We have an informal and friendly company culture and a healthy work/life balance.
We are looking for people with a passion for designing complex products that solve real user problems. The primary responsibility of the design team is to ensure that users' needs, goals, and behaviours are considered in the design process, resulting in intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams including UI designers, researchers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to create effective design solutions that align with business objectives. Candidates should have a portfolio demonstrating high quality designs tackling complex design challenges
• Conducting user research to understand needs, goals, and behaviour of the target users. This may involve travelling to users’ location for interviews and contextual inquiry sessions.
• Analysing research data to identify and generate meaningful insights and behavioural patterns.
• Organizing and facilitating workshops for collaboration, ideation and problem solving amongst team members, stakeholders and at times end-users.
• Creating design artefacts – e.g., personas, journey maps, storyboards, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, etc
• Working with developers and product managers to ensure design specifications are implemented accurately and efficiently.
• Conduct usability testing to evaluate the effectiveness of the design and incorporate user feedback into future iterations.
• Staying up to date with industry trends and best practices to ensure that the product/s stay competitive and provides a superior user experience.
• Documenting decision decisions, guidelines, and specifications to ensure consistency and facilitate collaboration and facilitate collaboration across the design process.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or related field.
• 5 -10 years of experience as a UX Designer.
• Strong portfolio of complex product designs for desktop applications.
• Experience owning the full UX process, including running discovery phases and solving complex problems using design-thinking methods and techniques.
• Strong proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma
• Experience with user research methods like contextual enquiry, surveys, usability testing etc.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience working with 3D software applications will be a bonus.
• Competitive salary
• Annual budget to spend on training courses, conferences, events, and books.
• Hybrid working, Oxford HQ
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Health and life insurance
• Dental care
• Contributory pension scheme (company contribution equal to 10% of salary).
• Company performance bonus scheme