Assisting the finance director in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
• Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
• Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance director
• Help oversee and manage individual accounts
• Create, send, and follow up on invoices
• Review and adhere to department budgets
• Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
• Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
• Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
• Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
• Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
• Assist the financial director in creating financial reports on a regular basis
• Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
• Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
• Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
• Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Associate's or bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field; excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty; customer-service skills; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; familiarity with business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.