Technology is evolving rapidly and so are we! Founded in 1988, Bistech is a firmly established and thriving business technology company in Dorset. And now we’re looking for more talented problem-solvers to join our highly skilled in-house Software Development team.
Working in an Agile Scrum Team, you’ll have the opportunity to increase your technical ability and use innovative emerging technologies. You’ll be involved in a wide range of exciting projects, from initial conception all the way through to release, and be able to see first-hand the positive impact your projects have on the entire business.
Our collaborative and supportive team will empower you to take ownership of projects from the early stages of your career. And we’ll give you the tools to succeed by providing you with ongoing training and development opportunities. You’ll be encouraged to continue to expand your knowledge and discover new skills with the support of both technical and soft skills training.
- Developing in-house solutions and extending Microsoft products to support the wider business
- Contributing to daily scrums, scoring, collaborative planning, sprint review and retrospective meetings
- Working in a collaborative development environment with code reviews and pair programming
- Assisting in the migration of our own infrastructure to the cloud
What we’re looking for
- At least one year of commercial experience in a similar role
- A logical approach with natural problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in as many of the following as possible would be beneficial;
C#, Java or similar languages
Microsoft Azure DevOps
Microsoft Visual Studio
Source control (Git preferred)
SOLID design principles
UI / UX Design
What we offer
As well as offering genuine career progression through excellent training and development opportunities, you’ll also receive;
- Competitive salary - £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Development opportunities – we recognise personal strengths by tailoring training and development to each employee. We attribute our 9 year average length of service to the fact that we give people the tools to build a rewarding and progressive career
- A focus on mental health and wellbeing – we proactively support mental health awareness, with training and access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme as well as courses on wellbeing and building personal resilience
- Holiday – 23 days increasing to 25 with service, plus bank holidays
- Giving back to the wider community – through our Community Fund, we encourage our employees to apply for significant sponsorship towards a fundraising challenge of their choice each year
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme - be sustainable while saving up to 40% on the cost of a fully electric car
- Social events - annual summer and winter parties
- Cycle to Work Scheme – lower your carbon footprint while improving your health
- Financial benefit schemes - including Income Protection and Life Assurance
- Enhanced Company Pension Scheme – up to 10% matched Company Pension
- Office space – modern refurbished office space, free on-site parking and brand new recreational space
Apply today to start your rewarding career in Software Development!