Summer Internship - Communication Coordinator
Ontario One Call acts as the communications link between buried infrastructure owners (our members) and individuals who are planning to dig in the province of Ontario. In 2012, the Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act was passed, which stipulates that by law, anyone in the province of Ontario must contact Ontario One Call before they dig. In addition to our contact centre, we are also responsible for public education, industry outreach, and compliance.
As a service oriented regulator, Ontario One Call is focused on guiding construction, infrastructure and excavation industries towards creating efficiencies and improvements across the province. Ontario One Call is a not-for-profit governed by a Board of Directors representative of the underground infrastructure and excavation industries.
At Ontario One Call we are Reliable Experts who Care.
Reliable…We are dependable and accessible
Experts…We have the mindset to lead innovation
Caring…We ensure the safety and well-being in our communities.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Are you looking to build your work experience and develop transferable skills? Ontario One Call is hiring summer inters to provide administrative support for multiple departments to assist with the peak season workload. Tasks include answering calls, responding to emails, triaging information requests, preparing reports, compiling data, filing and sorting information and more.
These are hourly contract positions starting April 24, 2023 and ending September 2, 2023. Successful candidates must be willing and able to work 35 hours per week, during regular business hours, with wages starting at $23.00/hour.
Reporting to the Communications Manager or their designate, they provide communications support related to Social Media, internal and external communications, education and training support. They may also pull together reports to support Compliance activities, prepare surveys to gather stakeholder feedback and assist in arranging meetings and events. If bilingual, this role may also support French Translations.
- Ideally bilingual (French and English)
- Support Social media – monitoring, posting
- Support our internal communications strategy
- Support external communications strategy, planning, and implementation (posts, articles, e-blasts)
- Support in updating the website on a regular basis
- Written materials
- Working with agencies
- Coordinating internal departments for materials
- Publishing, printing, and posting to the website
- Education Support – Trade Shows, Materials – brochures, post cards etc, and Courses
- Develop and implement Stakeholder Surveys to align with MOU and needs of Ontario One Call
- Support French Translations
- Develop bi-lingual materials to support dig safe and click before you dig materials
- Government materials
- Stakeholder resources
- Support with Internal compliance
- Ensure reports, documents, procedures align with MOU and privacy standards
- Support content creation, and event coordination
- Arrange stakeholder meetings to develop dig safe and click before you dig materials, messages, and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Actively enrolled in a, or graduate from, post-secondary education in communications, media, journalism, business administration or related field of study.
- Tech savvy with experience maintaining a social media presence, blog or other professional writing. Portfolio samples are appreciated.
- Strong time management, ability to meet deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced environment with priorities constantly changing. A
- Ability to work independently as well as participate and function effectively on a team.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with MS Office Suite products and ability to learn new software would be a great asset.