The role in brief:
An opportunity has arisen to join PM+M as a corporate finance director. This is a senior and influential role and an opportunity to shape the future of corporate finance at PM+M and could lead to partnership.
Who we are looking for:
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced corporate finance manager or director wanting to progress or for a general practice manager or director with corporate finance experience who wants to specialise.
Ideally you will have:
• A broad range of experience across corporate finance advisory projects and deals;
• A network of North West referrers and connections and a proven track record of personal referrals;
• The ability to think strategically in relation to clients’ businesses and also our own business; and
• Ambition – you are personally motivated and driven to succeed.
We provide a complementary range of training opportunities covering technical matters, leadership and soft skills to ensure that you maximise your potential.
We have quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track.
We also encourage you to get involved in wider firm initiatives and have your say on how we can progress on our journey towards being the best North West firm of finance professionals.
We are a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. Our vision is to be the best North West firm of finance professionals and we want great people to join our team and help us do that.
We are proud of our inclusivity and diversity, encouraging people to be the best they can be an to be involved, no matter their level of experience or role.
We are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections.
Joining the PM+M team will help take your career to the next level with the opportunity to progress to partnership. You will be joining a values led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals.
We understand that we thrive when we help our clients succeed and that is our core purpose. We also understand that, to do that, our people need to succeed and be happy and fulfilled.
Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are really flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs.
• Generating and delivering corporate finance and advisory project work – business sales and acquisitions, MBOs, finance raising, due diligence, forecasts/modelling, valuations, advice on business growth and strategy, succession planning, grooming for sale and corporate restructuring.
• Successfully delivering those projects, delivering great client service and generating an appropriate financial reward for the firm and yourself.
• You will deliver some of these projects by yourself and work collaboratively with colleagues from across the firm on others.
• We want you to work closely with other service lines (such as tax, financial planning and accounting) to provide a joined up and comprehensive service for our clients.
• Initially you will be able to call on support from the accountancy practice and then, once established, we want you to start to build a dedicated corporate finance team.
• Your role will include playing a part in developing advisory skills in the wider accountancy practice team.
• Business development will be a key part of your role – building strong relationships with referrers, lead generation, delivering seminars and representing PM+M as an ambassador. You will be supported by colleagues across the firm and have access to the support and expertise of the PM+M marketing team.
As well as relevant experience in corporate finance, we’d like you to be:
• A good leader;
• A self starter, who is motivated to succeed;
• Keen to play an active role in the wider PM+M team and willing to contribute to the success of the firm as a whole;
• Passionate about providing great client service;
• Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing;
• Positive and good at using your initiative;
• Good at working under pressure, by yourself and as part of a team.