Are you an experienced IT Service Desk Manager?
Do you strive within fast-paced environments and helping the continuous growth of a company?
If you answered yes to both of those questions, this may be the ideal role for you!
You will be responsible for managing a Service Desk team supporting over 1,200 employees. The systems you will be supporting include internal business systems and client third-party systems. We have very tight SLAs with our clients which require our systems to be operationally available 24/7 days a week. You will understand business objectives and how IT plays its part in those, delivering all IT components required. You will need to agree KPIs for the team and support/develop the team to perform at their best.
- Leading and managing the service desk team in accordance with service levels and hours of coverage required by clients
- Build capability within the team to ensure client coverage and peak times are managed
- Understand business and service desk metrics to identify insights and develop strategies to improve and gain efficiencies across all team
- Improve the IT ticketing system to drive performance against SLAs and business insights
- Identify business needs, for both current and future IT requirements and scale the service desk to meet needs of the business.
- Provide, monitor and manage KPIs with the service desk to achieve service excellence.
- Proactively manage large volume onboarding of employees.
- Manage the onboarding of new clients and their systems to ensure they fit seamlessly alongside existing systems
- Build and maintain an asset register so the business has an accurate picture of hardware and software asset allocated across the business at employee level
- Ensure employees leaving the business are processed accurately and timely
- Act as the escalation point for all high priority requests and incidents so they are managed promptly and ensure effective root-cause analysis is undertaken and documented.
- Manage the full lifecycle of Service Desk operations, incidents, and problems. Co-ordinate urgent and complex support issues.
- Communicate effectively with the business on outages and remediation plans. Build formal templates and professional media to communicate with the business.
- Develop effective career progression opportunities, build training plans and provide coaching and mentoring of the service desk as needed.
- Complete tickets through our helpdesk in line with business requirements and SLA’s
- Higher/further educational qualification or the equivalent
- Excellent IT skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of technologies their operation and procedures
- Ability to be hands on and assist with customer enquiries and lead by example.
- Effective coach capable of developing talent and getting the best from people
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and strategies
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ mentality.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
We Offer: In return for your hard work, you will receive a great deal of recognition, but we also offer several tangible benefits such as:
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications through external training.
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- An active social committee (in "normal" times - recently this has been online)
- Employee pension
- A great working environment with a fantastic team of people
- Remote working with occasional travel
Hours: 40 hours Monday to Friday, some flexibility required
Disability in the Workplace:
Please note, go-centric are a certified Disability Confident employer, and subscribe to the guidance in the Two Ticks Scheme.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we, as the employer, are legally obligated to interview anyone with a disability that meets the minimum criteria for the post, offering any reasonable adjustments that may be required to complete the recruitment process and/ or the role itself.
For more information regarding this please visit: www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/LookingForWork/DG_4000314 To disclose any information regarding a disability that requires additional support during the recruitment journey, i.e. Job Descriptions in large print, please contact the Recruitment Department by emailing us or by calling 0333 014 4401.