About the role:
Are you an experienced Environmental Consultant looking for your next challenge?
Are you looking for the opportunity to innovate and problem solve in a dynamic work environment?
Are you looking for a workplace culture of putting people and the environment first?
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Consultant at Senior or Principal level to support on high profile construction projects based in London. The role will predominantly be based on site, with the flexibility to visit the London office or work from home.
The role will involve:
• Assessing, managing and monitoring a combination of ecological and environmental constraints. These include nesting birds, confirmed bat roosts, breeding badger setts, high volumes of waste, veteran trees and the water environment, amongst others.
• You will be able to deliver concise environmental advice to clients to manage environmental compliance during construction.
• You will need to demonstrate the ability to build high quality relationships with on-site personnel to drive environmental standards.
LUC is a truly unique place to work. We are an Employee-Owned Trust, which means that the employees decide and drive the focus of the business, including the exciting projects that we work on. We have flexible working policies, allowing us to create a diverse and inclusive work force.
We welcome applications from people from all employment backgrounds and experience, whether you have a degree (or not), had a career break and are getting back into the workplace, need part time hours, or you simply want to explore a different workplace culture, we want to speak to you.
We have won awards for our work and offer very competitive salaries, as well as a share in our profits.
We actively encourage innovation and idea development. Therefore, we are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries, challenge the status quo and advance environmental excellence whilst working with a fun and forward-thinking Ecology Team!
- Advising regarding compliance with planning conditions
- Advising regarding regulatory requirements, such as licences
- Conducting pre-construction surveys and updating baseline survey information
- Applying for required licences
- Conducting exclusions and translocations
- Carrying out and supervising works under licence
- Designing, installing and monitoring mitigation
- Project management
- Conducting proactive ecological risk management
- Delivering Toolbox Talks and other pertinent ecological information
- Attending meetings (including progress, stakeholder, public)
- Liaising with statutory bodies
- Analysing and interpreting ecological data
- Updating project documentation
- Delivering concise weekly reporting
- Contributing to wider business development activity
The role includes the opportunity to share and participate actively in the management and ownership of the business through the Employee Ownership Trust, which places full ownership of the company with the employees.
The role is based in our London office. We work in a hybrid model with people being in the office a minimum of two days per week.
A full-time role is based on 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday). However, LUC has a strong track record in flexible working and we have been recognised for our flexible working culture, so we are happy to discuss a range of flexible working options for this role including part time hours (minimum 30 hours per week) if desired.
Salary: £32,500 - £46,000 FTE depending on experience (plus £4,000 London allowance, if applicable)
This is a great time to be joining LUC. Since its creation nearly 60 years ago, LUC has been driven by the belief that planning has a critical role to play in shaping the world around us for the better. This work has never been more critical or urgent.
The successful candidate will complement our existing enthusiastic and dedicated ecology team. You will share our commitment to high quality science and be motivated to grow your ecology field skills.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of regular ECoW experience
- Ecological Clerk of Works experience with bats, water vole and nesting birds
- Environmental Clerk of Works experience (waste, COSHH, surface water management, pollution prevention etc.)
- Experience of linear construction projects
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrable experience of project management, project and budget management
- Driver’s licence
- CSCS card
- Protected species licenses, particularly bat and water vole
- Combined Ecological and Environmental Clerk of Works experience
- Experience of Stone-curlew
- Working with Private Water Supplies
- Water Quality Monitoring
- Experience of marketing and business development
- Proposal writing
- 4x4 driver training
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply by uploading your CV and covering letter via the link above.
LUC is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups. We value the differences, needs and contributions a diverse workforce represents, and we strive to embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all our people related activities.