We are seeking a Credit Controller to join our Finance team. In this role you will be responsible for accurately processing all sales ledger transactions on to the company’s ERP system. There will be an element of internal and external communication dealing with various queries on a day to day basis. Strong verbal written and numerical skills are essential for this role. Computer literacy, accuracy and analytical skills are also required.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. To actively collect debts from allocated customers on an ongoing basis including running aged debt reports, telephoning customers to chase outstanding debts. KPI – to keep debtor days as per figures in the annual budget.
2. Run credit check reports and review Company history. To raise the credit limits if appropriate, update records and advise customers and internal account contacts accordingly.
3. Open credit accounts for customers, making the necessary credit/trade reference checks.
4. Accept or decline accounts based on information provided and with a view to the best risk for the company, liaise with Account Managers to help drive sales. Confirm decisions to customers and update records.
5. Process and monitor credit held orders, using the alerts and credit held orders report to contact customers for payment dates then taking decisions regarding release of goods.
6. Liaise with the Credit Control Manager regarding referring serious cases of debt to the Company solicitors and closing the account.
7. Post BACS and cheque payments and do banking on a cover basis. To include the verification of cheque information, posting payments, reconciling and arranging paying in at the bank. To process Credit Card payments from customers, posting to the ledger and updating records accordingly.
8. Maintain Sales Ledger departmental emails and action and distribute accordingly on a rota basis.
9. General housekeeping of accounts, allocating up on account payments, clearing small balances and updating address/names when advised. 10. Keeping fraud to a minimum including when opening new credit accounts and checking Sagepay transactions on a rota basis.
At Rapid, our purpose “helping you make it” is all about creating the ‘Environment for Success’. It is our purpose to inspire belief and create a supportive environment for learning, building competence and experience to lead a successful career.
As part of our ‘Inspired People’ in ‘Winning Teams’ strategy, we believe in the potential of everyone in our business and provide a fantastic environment with amazing people managers to drive your growth. We ensure that every person has business goals and KPIs, personal growth goals, great conversations about development and career aspirations and, market competitive financial rewards that inspire us all to succeed.
“Join a great place to enjoy growth”
• Our inspiring Purpose, Vision, Goals and Values
• Be part of a Great Place to Work
• Wellbeing at the top of our agenda
• Growth Performance Success (GPS) – Your Vision!
• Rapid University & Personal Growth
• Celebrating Success through great rewards
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click the “apply now” button