The Test Developer works on a programme of continuous development to the company’s websites and other projects, developing our CI\CD pipelines, designing, and updating automated tests, advising on test planning and procedures. The role would suit either a full-time test developer or a developer wishing to move into test automation.
• Seek feedback and give feedback to both senior and junior colleagues
Planning and Project Management
• Manage projects using appropriate tools and report on progress to Management as required.
• Set priorities for project and reactive work.
• Ensure projects are given realistic delivery dates and are delivered on time.
• Communicate progress to stakeholders regularly
• Develop with security of systems and data in mind.
• Use agreed project control tools and to suggest process improvements
• Adhere to the processes and procedures set out in the Company’s Quality Management System
• Work towards the company’s QHSE objectives and ensure actions or tasks are completed and implemented permanently where required.
• Create test plans in line with the technical specifications prior to development
• Design automated tests for the Company’s websites and other applications
• Advise on testing tools, architecture, and processes
• Write unit tests as appropriate. Automate testing when practical.
• Use best practice architecture and deployment methods.
• Strive to broaden knowledge of internal systems to add value across the business
• Create user documentation as appropriate.
• Learn new technologies and keep abreast of technological advancements
• Monitor current applications. Escalate issues as necessary.
• Seek feedback from development “customers”
• Liaise with third party service providers as necessary
• To operate within and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy in all aspects of the role and advise the QHSE committee of any potential issues or risks.
Technology skillset required:
Other desirable skills: SQL Windows Web Servers AWS Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
Experience developing eCommerce, line of business applications or test automation for those systems.
At Rapid, our purpose “helping you make it” is all about creating the ‘Environment for Success’. It is our purpose to inspire belief and create a supportive environment for learning, building competence and experience to lead a successful career.
As part of our ‘Inspired People’ in ‘Winning Teams’ strategy, we believe in the potential of everyone in our business and provide a fantastic environment with amazing people managers to drive your growth. We ensure that every person has business goals and KPIs, personal growth goals, great conversations about development and career aspirations and, market competitive financial rewards that inspire us all to succeed.
“Join a great place to enjoy growth”
• Our inspiring Purpose, Vision, Goals and Values
• Be part of a Great Place to Work
• Wellbeing at the top of our agenda
• Growth Performance Success (GPS) – Your Vision!
• Rapid University & Personal Growth
• Celebrating Success through great rewards
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click the “apply now” button