Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic UAT engineer to join our UAT team in Dublin, as the team expands Cubic’s increasing customers and solutions portfolio.
As a UAT Analyst, you will perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities for Cubic products and applications in a cross-business, cross-functional ‘project’ based environment. This role requires very strong written and verbal communication skills and a great level of flexibility to absorb ad hoc tasks in addition to the overall assignment. This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with advanced problem-solving skills, and it provides an opportunity to work on projects across the organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing End-to-End (E2E) test plans as well as developing test cases with product managers, business users and other teams. The UAT analyst will also act as coordinator within the project between Cubic team and other internal and external teams to support test activities until the solution is deployed to production and post-implementation testing has been completed, including UAT & CAT phases.
Other tasks will include providing feedback and changes once user acceptance testing has taken place and building relationships with all the teams with which they are working. The role is based in Dublin and report to the UAT team lead.
- Review business and product requirements to develop an E2E test strategy, identify UAT scenarios and define acceptance criteria; conduct E2E test execution for projects which span across multiple internal and external systems, applications and vendors.
- Raise defects in JIRA for failed testcases during the UAT phase.
- Business systems analysis – requirements decomposition, traceability and mapping
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams e.g., System test engineers, Test Leads, Product Owners, Project Managers, Application Development engineers.
- Liaise with customer/vendors to plan and coordinate UAT/CAT activities.
- Provide UAT support to end users for smooth execution of UAT plan, ensuring time and quality requirements are met.
- Manage the ticket queue (including initial triage) for issues raised by customers during UAT activities.
- Liaise with Product Owners to ensure resolution of application and system issues.
- Analyse test results, prepare test reports and provide assessment of product quality to stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in test planning and execution: developing User Acceptance Test plans, UAT scenarios and E2E Test Cases.
- Experience in conducting reviews with stakeholders to gain buy-in of the UAT plan approach to include scope of testing.
- Thorough working experience in QA/Testing methodologies, including risk-based and exploratory testing.
- Ability to work with time constraints towards planned milestone dates.
- Strong interpersonal and team building behaviours coupled with the ability to work as a partner with various individuals/teams as needed.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven experience in analysing and testing complex business rules.
- Effective problem-solving skills: proven ability to diagnose & address application issues.
- Experience in API testing
- Experience in issue tracking applications like Jira.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create strong relationships in a professional setting.
- Good attention to detail and an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritise work tasks and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Telecoms/IP/Mobile Networking knowledge
- Experience testing IoT/M2M applications or systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Azure)
- Knowledge of database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts, preferable C#
- Experience on risks assessment
- Quality Assurance experience
- ISTQB certification
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.