Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
The team is responsible for ensuring the quality of Cubic Telecom PACE Platform that provides connectivity solution to our end-users through one global SIM and one platform. The role will involve both manual & automation testing. Responsibilities include writing test plans, preparing and executing test cases, writing test scripts, recording and analysing results and generating reports. The role will also include interacting with customers, occasional international travel and testing using customer devices.
- Review and interpret product requirements to create input for the test project.
- Writing, preparing and executing test cases, including identification of test tools and preparation of test data in accordance with the project test strategy.
- Designing automated tests in accordance with best practices and executing to ensure quality delivery.
- Raising, prioritising and following up on the resolution of defects.
- Analysing test results, preparing test reports and providing assessment of product quality to stakeholders.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions, daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, etc.
- Contributing to the development of standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and diagnose issues that are reported by customers.
- Coaching junior team members.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, computer/electronic engineering, or related science discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a software development environment testing RESTful APIs with minimum 1 year experience in a test automation role.
- Experience working with test automation tools such as /RestSharp/RestAssured/Soap UI/Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience working with programming/scripting languages including .Net/C#, C++, Java.
- Experience working in a continuous testing environment and using Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience using Test Management and Issue Tracking software.
- Good analytical skills and proven experience in analysing and testing complex business rules.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. • Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritise work tasks and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work.
- Self-motivated individual with a desire to learn
- Telecoms/IP Networking experience.
- Experience testing IoT/M2M applications or systems.
- Experience working with API and web application mocking tools.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS etc).
- Experience configuring TLS/SSL on server infrastructure.
- Exploratory testing experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- ISTQB certification.
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Tax saver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.