Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced QA Analyst who is committed to their work and is comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and highly flexible environment.
As a key member of the Scrum team you will be responsible for working with your team members to deliver the highest quality user stories.
You will work with Product Owners to ensure stories have strong acceptance criteria while at the same time ensuring the team understand how each story will be ‘Done’.
You will be passionate about test automation and strive to ensure ensure that this is addressed for each of the User Stories in the sprint, while continuing to increase test coverage across our solutions.
- Work closely with both the Product Owner and other scrum team members to drive quality across each sprint.
- Understand user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Attend scrum ceremonies and drive quality across the sprint.
- Attend community of practice meetings to drive common test approaches across scrum teams.
- Prioritize tasks to help deliver a shippable product at the end of each sprint.
- Work with the Scrum team to ensure ownership of test tasks to get the story ‘Done’ within the sprint.
- Make suggestions on automation and acceptance criteria.
- Write and design test cases with a view towards automation.
- Execute test cases/scripts and log defects as necessary.
- Create automated tests and liaise with the test automation teams on best practice and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, computer/electronic engineering, or related science discipline.
- 3 years of experience in a software testing role.
- Minimum 1 year of experience doing Agile testing.
- Familiar with Agile software development particularly Scrum.
- Experience of a software development environment testing RESTful APIs and creating automated solutions to do so.
- Experience using test automation tools such as RestSharp /RestAssured /Soap UI/Postman/Selenium.
- Experience using programming languages particularly C# and associated .Net technologies.
- Experience of unit testing and unit testing frameworks.
- Experience using test management and incident tracking software particularly Jira.
- Experience working in a TDD environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of BDD and tools such as cucumber
- ISTQB CTFL Agile Tester qualification or other ISTQB certification
- Some knowledge of Telecoms/IP networking would be beneficial
- Experience of the Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure and associated technologies.
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Tax saver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.