Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced senior software developer who is committed to their work and is comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and highly flexible environment. You will work in the design, development and testing of market leading products and web applications in the Automotive, IoT and Enterprise business segments. You will be using frameworks, tools and principles within high performance teams who are driven and passionate about what they do and constantly try to improve themselves and other professionals around them.
- Work as a full stack developer to collaborate on the design and development of our cloud based PaaS solution.
- Write code within established standards, guidelines, and best practices to efficiently implement new systems and enhance existing systems to high quality standards.
- Liaise with product owners and internal stakeholders to gather and address technical & design requirements to provide solutions to the new products being developed by the company.
- Mentor and support junior developers through code reviews, pair programming or other methods as deemed necessary in a collaborative environment.
- Document and record tasks and activities through JIRA or any other support tools used by the company.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience working on enterprise level systems as a software developer whose area of expertise is backend.
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and related concepts.
- Experience developing software solutions using C# and .Net
- Excellent knowledge of how the web works conceptually, including technologies and concepts like HTTP, REST, SOAP & asynchronous processing.
- Experience using Git as a source control System
- Experience implementing testing concepts such as unit testing and mocking, and experience writing unit tests using frameworks like NUnit, xUnit, Moq or similar.
- Previous exposure to domain driven design, CQRS/Event Sourcing and layered architectures;
- Familiarity with software development practices such as agile software development, continuous integration, continuous delivery and/or test-driven development.
- Previous exposure to software projects that were implemented in a microservices architecture.
- Previous exposure to Microsoft Azure, Service Fabric, Azure ServiceBus or NServiceBus.
- Experience using APM and logging tools such as New Relic or DataDog to monitor and improve system performance.
- Previous exposure to NoSQL databases, particularly CosmosDB.
- Exposure to the Automotive, IoT and Enterprise business segments.
- Knowledge of concepts like inversion of control and dependency injection.
- Practical experience of working in Azure DevOps and creating build pipelines.
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Tax saver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.