Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic SIM Support Engineer to join the SIM department, as the team expands to support Cubic’s increasing customers and solutions portfolio.
The SIM Department is responsible for SIM card logistics and forecast, Tier1 management, delivering and supporting Cubic solutions in the SIM cards and Remote SIM Provisioning technologies, participation in RFx processes, onboarding new suppliers and a wide range of innovative projects and solutions using state-of-the-art technology.
The successful candidate should be comfortable proactively working in a fast paced, highly flexible environment, bring a positive and collaborative attitude to work with an open and analytical mind.
This is a great opportunity for a junior engineer to demonstrate their technical, organisational abilities, working in a small team of experienced engineers at the cutting edge of IoT technologies, supporting other technical teams on full end to end solutions and being exposed to a diverse range of areas across the business.
In this role you will be:
- Supporting SIM ordering activities, including ongoing liaison with SIM vendors and tracking manufacturing steps to ensure on-time delivery.
- Liaising with SIM card suppliers and internal departments throughout the SIM BAP process.
- Setting up or developing appropriate tools to monitor and improve the efficiency of the SIM supply related processes.
- Collecting KPIs and producing regular reports to internal stakeholders
- Providing level 3 service desk support on:
- Over The Air (OTA) campaigns
- Remote SIM Provisioning (RSP) features
- SIM card features and applets
- Monitoring RSP systems, ensuring consistent uptime, reporting anomalies, and liaising with vendors in issues resolution.
- Interacting with the technology teams and gaining visibility of E2E process and solutions in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in telecoms support or Degree in Computer/Telecoms Engineering
- Experience with Databases
- Java, C#, scripting knowledge
- MS Excel medium to advance level
- Proactive and open-minded person with analytical & problem-solving thinking
- Fast learner with a like to deep-dive within multiple technologies
- Quality focused individual with curiosity for technology
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks
- Efficient communication skills
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of SIM cards and M2M modules multi-profiles administration
- Proven track record in working with operations/support teams.
- Remote SIM Provisioning technologies GSMA SGP.02/22
- ETSI/3GPP smart card/(U)SIM specifications, ISO 7816, Global Platform specifications
- Telecom RAN and core network architecture
- On-hands experience with modem testing
- Monitoring and alerting tools e.g. DataDog, Zabbix
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Tax saver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.