Salary range £50k to £65k
Full time Location: Hybrid, Colchester
Reporting to: Managing Director
We have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious HR professional who is looking to build on their experience to date working as part of a talented, evolving HR team.
You are likely to already have HR Business Partner experience and are now looking for an opportunity to work more strategically, or you may already operate at a BP level but looking for a new challenge to create your legacy. We need you to have specific expertise in resourcing and learning and development.
Rapid Electronics is an online technical distributor based in Colchester with a successful Hybrid model across 130 FTE’s. We are one year into our 5-year commercial strategy to grow both organically with break through objectives through five strategic pillars including. Think Big Win Big, Inspired People, Operational Excellence, Customer Wow Factor and Leading by example for Sustainability. Our strategic people objective is to build “Inspired people in winning teams” and we’ve used “Great place to work” as a way to measure success; with the first score of 82% being a fantastic start. There is a significant opportunity for you to understand what’s working, decide on different ways to deliver and influence our annual operating plans and programmes. This is an exciting new senior role sitting on the Executive Management Team with the aim to create a greater impact from our investment and drive a high-performance culture.
This role partners with the Executive Management Team to design the People strategy and plan the delivery of the Annual Operating Plan to fulfil our company purpose “helping you make it”. Whilst delivering a comprehensive people service (the role owns the effective design and delivery of the employee lifecycle: Recruitment, compensation, and benefits, learning and development, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, communication and administration). The HR business partner will directly manage one member of staff and have coaching support from a contracted HR Performance consultant as required to support the induction and personal development.
People Business Partner Responsibilities:
• Deliver a People Business Partnering service to Rapid Steering Group and Managers. The first point of contact for managers, providing people leadership, support and solving people and organisation problems.
• Lead the development and implementation of the Rapid People Strategy and Plan that enables execution of the business strategy
• Co-designing and delivering the Rapid University Modules with Steering Group and Managers and suppliers of learning and development
• Ensuring learner effectiveness and embedding is achieved across all areas: Leadership, Management, Functional Skills, Business Skills
• Design and implement overall resourcing strategy and process to ensure a strong pipeline of key talent including apprenticeship schemes, reduce our dependency on agencies by using databases and social media to attract great talent
• Actively oversees the recruitment process to maximise internal recruitment vs the use of recruitment specialists and improve effectiveness of talent acquisition.
• Performance management & “GPS”: ensuring the embedding of our “GPS” toolkit through NaturalHR and by coaching and training the Steering Group and Managers to implement effective goals, 121s and reviews. Coaching managers on managing performance management issues promptly.
• Talent management: rolling out “GPS” so that we have effective talent reviews and succession planning at all levels, talent programmes and effective career development including internal progression and mobility.
• Reward strategy: designing and implementing an effective reward strategy and programme that enables execution of business goals including pay, benefits, and incentive schemes. Provides advice to managers on company benefits, remuneration issues and benchmarking
• Policy and procedures implementation of new and refinement of existing HR policies, procedures and processes ensuring legal compliance
• Measuring employee engagement via the Rapid GPTW programme and identifying areas that require improvement by ensuring managers follow through on action plans
• Being the custodian of HR Systems & Processes including NaturalHR, driving automation and effective reporting and training managers to ensure simplification and execution of all people activities
People Business Partner Skills and Essential Capabilities:
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
• Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the Steering Group
• A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals
• Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
• Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
• Ability to represent the People function as part of the bigger business picture as a strategic advisor, confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
• Demonstrable experience in managing people strategy / plans, change projects, redundancy, or other relevant HR projects
• Strong understanding of employment law and have a CIPD or equivalent qualification
• Previous experience of working within a generalist HR function and with specific L&D and Resourcing experience or roles
• Good coaching & mentoring skills, personally resilient and mentally tough
• Strong customer focus, Excellent “active-listening” skills
• A proactive and can-do approach towards work tasks
• Excellent presentation skills both formally and informally
• Numerate and financially aware with the ability to produce reports and statistics as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
• GPTW Engagement 90%
• Internal hire ratio
• Time to Hire/Cost per hire
• University module learner effectiveness 80%
• Improvements in 9 Box Grid Assessments
If you have the passion and drive to help us build the greatest place to work in the UK then please get in touch!