What sets WCS Group apart? Our most valuable asset is our team and we take pride in being a company that cares for its employees’, customers and communities. We deliver critical water treatment services to a diverse and interesting range of clients, always offering the very best customer service and advice.
WCS Group are recruiting for a placement student to join our team as a Junior Lab Technician, to carry out laboratory testing, ordering and Quality Control based tasks along with project work.
Water treatment encompasses chemistry, microbiology and engineering. Our remit is wide, encompassing corrosion and scale prevention as well as microbiological control in a variety of systems ranging from large industrial boilers and cooling towers to much smaller systems within hospitals and university halls of residence. The placement we are offering will be based in our busy lab in Daventry and will enable you to gain an insight into manufacturing and QC practices as well as addressing technical queries relating to product applications with some project work.
This role will suit a Chemistry student looking for a 6-12 month placement starting between May to September 2021.
• Quality control testing of chemical products and associated paperwork
• Chemical analysis and reporting
• Investigating chemical issues
• Ordering, dispatching, quoting and stock control
• Calibration of lab and production equipment
• Prioritise and reprioritise a high workload on a daily basis
• Microsoft Packages
• Currently studying on a Chemistry course
• Health and Safety awareness
• Analytical & data report writing
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Salary will be discussed at interview
• Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
• Holidays 20 days plus bank holidays
• Perkbox (online discount website)
• Attractive company pension contributions
• Referral scheme
WCS Group are an equal opportunity employer
Closing date: Monday 30th November 2020