The primary responsibility of the Accounts Assistant is to provide support to both the Management Accountant and Finance Manager, take control of the nominal ledger ensuring it is accurate and up to date at all times and being responsible for the completion of Bank reconciliations and Cash books. The role will encompass a number of entities within the group.
We are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our team at the head office in Gloucester. WCS Groups vision is to be the leading are the leading No.1 Water Treatment & Water Hygiene Company in the UK and have 1,200 employees.
Our company may be big, but we all work closely in our teams to achieve the company and personal goals. Do you have goals that you want to achieve in the Water Treatment Industry? We offer training and development opportunities.
You will be joining a company that strives to always do the best and the WCS Group mission is to implement intelligent water compliance and treatment solutions that every customer can rely on.
WCS Groups values are respect, accountability, integrity & reliability and all employees adhere to these every day and are proud to work for the company.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Finance team, read on to find out more. We are looking for an Experienced Accounts Assistant to join a fast-paced environment and work closely within the Finance Team supporting the Management Accountant and Finance Manager. You will always be required to keep the nominal ledger as accurate and update to date.
• Completion of Bank Reconciliations, ensuring that these are up to date and completed on a weekly basis.
• Maintenance of Cash Book postings
• Posting journals to Nominal Ledger
• Sales and Purchase Ledger Control Account reconciliations
• Maintain the Nominal Ledger transactions, responsible for its ownership and control
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• 1-2 years’ experience in a previous experience in an Accounts Assistant role
• Good knowledge of Nominal Ledger transactions & Bank reconciliations
• High attention to detail
• Salary Depending on Experience and qualifications
• Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
• Holidays 20 days plus bank holidays
• Perkbox (online discount website)
WCS Group of companies are committed to equal opportunities for all people and recognize the value of having diverse teams that represent the communities we serve. We encourage and welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability