Savills Investment Management have initiated a new Global IT & Data Strategy that seeks to build out and deliver enhanced technology and data capabilities in support of the business becoming the most respected real estate investor in the industry. The new strategy has three core pillars (Information Security, Data Management & Digital Transformation) that together with a strong operational foundation and cloud based infrastructure will significantly upgrade both technology and data offerings to the business.
As an IT Business Systems Support Analyst within Savills Investment Management, you will work within the Global IT team, helping to manage, change and plan for the future in line with the SIM business goals. This could be for one specific project, or as a new technology initiative within the organisation. You'll need to understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs in relation to information, data and software systems.
You'll need to demonstrate excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the industry we work within as you'll be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with both internal and external stakeholders.
You'll also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how information technology can support the organisation's needs.
The role will involve working closely with all areas of the business in driving forward IT change initiatives.
The primary responsibilities include:
• Providing primary business systems and application support across key strategic third party systems to users in all offices.
• Liasing with strategic partners, support groups and vendors to resolve issues quickly and understand each individual system that is used within the SIM business.
• Researching possible software solutions to increase work efficiency
• Interpreting data about company policies and workflows
• Supporting project teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
• Working on other project phases like implementation and testing
• Facilitating a successful release handover
• Evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
• Developing quality assurance practices and assessments
• Establishing deliverables
• Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating workflows
• Acting as a liaison between the business and technology
• Using project tools to record and report on data specific to a project
• Evaluating and measuring against Key Performance Indicators
• Facilitating meetings and informational workshops for staff
• Acquiring knowledge of products or services provided by the business
• Making sure projects stay within budget and target spending requirements
• Incorporating user suggestions into projects
• Documenting business process maps and data integration workflows between systems.
This role works with the IT Change function and will support both the lead Project Manager and Head of IT on various projects and initiatives across the global business in line with the new IT & Data strategic objectives. This role will be responsible for investigating and analysing business activities and processes and looking to make them more efficient through the use of IT resources.
A proactive approach to solving problems whilst demonstrating an ability to continuously improve the IT & Data service and support model in line with the new Global IT & Data strategy for 2021, operating with a growth mindset and build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
• 5 + years in technology (ideally finance industry) in a similar role
• Identify areas for improvement
• Advise Senior Management
• Create IT Solutions
• Test IT systems
• Provide staff training of the systems implemented
• Have excellent IT skills
• Be able to work under pressure
• Be a good leader
• Have an excellent understanding of business environments
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail.