About the Company :
Savills Investment Management (Savills IM) is an international real estate investment manager, which is owned by Savills plc, the global real estate services group. C. 300 staff are employed in 17 offices across Europe and Asia. Gross assets under management are c. EUR 21bn, predominantly in pooled funds and separate accounts. Savills IM is in a rapid growth phase, expanding its global presence as well as the products and services offered. An expanded product range investing in a larger number of countries and property types, a greater number of investment professionals and a desire to continue developing innovative products means that there should be suitable focus on investment process and performance.
About the Job:
We are looking to hire an Investment Manager into our Paris office. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior investment analyst looking for the next step in their career development journey. The successful candidate will have both strong analytical and communication skills. The investment Manager will report to the Head of Investment and work closely with them on a number of areas. There will also be opportunity to work with the Country Head and Head of Investment to increase Savills IM network of French investors relationships and actively participate to raising French capital for Savills IM
Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
• A main point of contact of fund/ client mangers for deal analysis, prep of best offers, preparation of IAC and other investment documents
• Prepare cash flows and other relevant documents to support the investment thesis in bidding phase
• Prepare IAC documents and other internal / client’s documents to support investment approval
• Manage KYC and other mandatory processes with the Head of Investment • Prepare due diligence service providers appointment, including tendering of those providers if necessary
• Together with Head of Investment and relevant fund / client manager, actively prepare the appropriate documents to progress acquisitions, including investment memorandums to the clients/funds, Investment Advisory Committee papers
• Manage due diligence process and ensure risks are identified and properly covered by the purchase agreement
• Participate with Head of Investment to negotiations with the seller in order to finalize the deal
• Prepare final IAC post DD and manage last action points before deal signing / closing
• Post deal, transfer of the asset to the Asset Management team, including follow up on post-closing activities
• Participate to asset management tasks pending on team workload
Candidates will need to demonstrate strong academic credentials, Bac+5, as well as being fluent in verbal and written French and English. Other key qualities include:
- 2/3 years’ experience as investment manager or investment analyst for a similar structure
- Strong financial knowledge (financial modelling, financial ratios) and understand the issues of real estate business
- Very advanced practice of Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Excel with capabilities to build complex and multi asset financial models
- Strong communication skills (clear and concise), ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong editorial qualities, and written skills in general
- Excels when required to deliver quality work in short timelines
• Hamburg office management plus admin support for the local team
• Manage the day-to-day business of the Head of Business Development (arranging meetings and travel activities, organising the entire daily working routine) & general admin for the wider German BD team
• Support marketing & PR activities
• Support investor relations team (meetings, mailings, etc)
The successful candidate will initially be assigned to a customer due diligence (CDD) remediation project that should last up to six months or more. Once this remediation project is completed the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day Financial Crime Prevention activities and implementing the Financial Crime Prevention framework, requiring liaison with individuals across the firm.
Savills Investment Management have initiated a new Global IT & Data Strategy that seeks to build out and deliver enhanced technology and data capabilities in support of the business becoming the most respected real estate investor in the industry. The new strategy has three core pillars (Information Security, Data Management & Digital Transformation) that together with a strong operational foundation and cloud based infrastructure will significantly upgrade both technology and data offerings to the business.
As an IT Business Systems Support Analyst within Savills Investment Management, you will work within the Global IT team, helping to manage, change and plan for the future in line with the SIM business goals. This could be for one specific project, or as a new technology initiative within the organisation. You'll need to understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs in relation to information, data and software systems.
You'll need to demonstrate excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the industry we work within as you'll be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with both internal and external stakeholders.
You'll also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how information technology can support the organisation's needs.
The role will involve working closely with all areas of the business in driving forward IT change initiatives.
As an IT RAD Developer within Savills IM, you will play a key role working within the Global IT Team with specific responsibilities to provide development, integration and programming expertise working with both third party systems and developing RAD solutions to optimise and improve the operational processing within our Global business. The role will involve working closely with all areas of the business in driving forward IT change initiatives.