We have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Supply Chain Executive who is looking to build on their experience to date working as part of a talented, evolving Procurement Team.
Core Purpose: The Supply Chain Executive is responsible for managing a complex global supply chain with an inventory for circa 10,000 SKU’s and 100 suppliers. Managing and improving the performance of this supply chain based on key metrics is vital to support operational and commercial success.
Using key metrics and KPI’s to provide accountability within the supplier chain and define improvement targets is key within this role.
You are likely to already have Supply Chain experience and will understand the changing nature of a global supply chain having the foresight to manage and influence stakeholders to provide a Win/Win environment across the supply chain. Focusing on portfolio, department, and business SMART KPI’s to deliver exceptional commercial and operational results.
We need you to have specific expertise in:
- Implementing and managing product portfolio strategy within the global supply chain.
- Continuous research and sourcing (window shopping) to obtain and analyse quotations always ensuring best product and price, benchmarking against competition.
- Inventory Optimisation. Conduct regular reviews of stock holding, lead times, global supply chain trends, instigate and manage remedial action.
- Supply Chain Improvements. Through continual market analysis, key supply chain metric reviews. Drive improvements with Suppliers using KPI’s and defined improvement actions.
- Margin management, negotiating best delivered cost and ensure recovery action of cost price increases against set SMART KPI objectives
- Continually assess current supplier base with periodic reviews, reporting performance and initiate corrective action.
- Proactive reduction of back orders, delivery, and invoice errors, to meet our customer needs and maintain high level customer service
- Manage and reduce exposure to aged stock through robust product lifecycle management and SMART KPI Objectives
- Review, support and assist with required technical, compliance and legislation gathering throughout the supply chain as and when changes or improvements have been identified
- Assist with data / information for supplier reviews and vendor management as required.
Role Specific Attributes:
• Experience in global supply chain management and continuous improvement linked to SMART KPI’s
• Proven negotiation experience
• CIPS Qualified
• Attention to Detail
• Strong verbal and numerical reasoning skills
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines
• Understand the needs of the business along with the flexibility to change according to requirements
At Rapid, our purpose “helping you make it” is all about creating the ‘Environment for Success’. It is our purpose to inspire belief and create a supportive environment for learning, building competence and experience to lead a successful career.
As part of our ‘Inspired People’ in ‘Winning Teams’ strategy, we believe in the potential of everyone in our business and provide a fantastic environment with amazing people managers to drive your growth. We ensure that every person has business goals and KPIs, personal growth goals, great conversations about development and career aspirations and, market competitive financial rewards that inspire us all to succeed.
“Join a great place to enjoy growth”
• Our inspiring Purpose, Vision, Goals and Values
• Be part of a Great Place to Work
• Wellbeing at the top of our agenda
• Growth Performance Success (GPS) – Your Vision!
• Rapid University & Personal Growth
• Celebrating Success through great rewards