Are you an experienced physiotherapist looking to work at the highest level and independently from home to deliver the best standards to patients?
Join our community of forward-thinking physiotherapists using contemporary, evidence-informed treatments and progressive digital health tools to elevate our profession.
About the role
As a Virtual First Contact Practitioner you will work in an advanced role. You will be an experienced physiotherapy clinician responsible for delivering virtual (tele/video) advanced musculoskeletal assessment, triage and care to a varied caseload.
You will be responsible for referring patients into the most appropriate services within the agreed pathways, including referrals for appropriate imaging, GP review for bloods/investigations, orthopaedics, rheumatology.
You will be central to expanding the already established Virtual AP services, working in collaboration with partners from both a clinical and system-wide perspective using our digital patient management system.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salaries for advanced practitioners
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Sick-pay up to an annual cap
- Flexible working & family friendly ethos
- Award-winning clinical training and development programme
- Discounts and other perks
- Charity time gifting
- Extra cash rewards and incentives
- Free physio and other wellbeing support
Learn more about the benefits of working at Ascenti here: https://www.ascenti.co.uk/careers/our-edge
Our goal is for Ascenti to be a workplace that creates a sense of belonging for everyone. This means that we actively work to promote equal opportunities across all that we do, including when we recruit new talent.
- Work as an autonomous advanced practitioner in providing and delivering neuromusculoskeletal physiotherapy assessments and treatment plans
- Independently to assess, analyse and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients, including those presenting with complex conditions.
- Understand each patients’ needs and expectations, and provide them with high quality standards and treatment
- Demonstrate excellence in report writing, and evidence an ability to complete reports autonomously without the need for further support
- Maintain up to date records in line with professional standards.
- Attend regular relevant courses both internally and externally, as well as keeping an up to date file of your CPD achievements, in line with CSP and HCPC guidelines.
- Identify and manage any risks to quality, such as workload, communication, and team working, with the support of your line manager and clinical mentor.
- Work as part of a team and liaise with other physiotherapists internally to ensure delivery of clinically effective care.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders on challenging matters and in line with Ascenti procedures.
- Take an active role in engaging with external fellow physiotherapy professionals, working to promote Ascenti as a leading healthcare organisation.
Essential experience and qualifications
Extensive post registration experience working at a senior level (at least four years in MSK field).
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) recognised degree or diploma in physiotherapy
- Full Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) membership
- Full Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) membership
- CPD folder with evidence of continued professional development.
- BSc Degree in Physiotherapy or Pre-Reg Masters in Physiotherapy
- Masters (L7) level modules relating to FCP competencies
- Demonstrable competence through accredited courses in imaging (MRI/CT/DXA/UKS) training; IR(ME)R Training
- Extensive knowledge of neuromusculoskeletal symptomatology and evidence-based practice
- Evidence demonstrating advanced clinical examination skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritise effectively and manage your time efficiently