Ascenti helps to improve the lives of millions of people in the UK every year and is at the forefront of providing the best physiotherapy and mental health treatment to the nation.
The team is made up of 750 employees in total, with healthcare professionals working across the UK to treat thousands of patients every week. 150 staff are based at the Fareham office and work to support our nationwide network of clinicians, delivering the infrastructure and services needed to deliver a top-notch experience to customers.
Following a period of significant growth and with demand for Ascenti’s award-winning healthcare services continuing to increase, many of the Fareham based customer support teams are undergoing expansion and further investment - so it is an exciting time to join!
About the role
Working as part of the Ascenti Appointment Booking Team, you will play a rewarding role in helping patients to access healthcare services and the most appropriate treatment for them.
You will have regular coaching and 121 support in your role and will enjoy working as part of a busy task focused team, with the opportunity to take home a monthly bonus (see below for more details).
Day-to-day you will speak with people over the phone who have been referred to Ascenti for treatment and book their appointments. You will use your strong attention to detail and an understanding call manner to:
- Call patients who are expecting your call to book them in for physiotherapy and medical assessments at one of Ascenti’s many clinics across the country.
- Ensure that injuries, conditions, and medical details are assessed and recorded accurately on Ascenti’s workflow system.
- Direct patients to the most appropriate treatment pathway.
- Use IT systems to link appointments to a patient’s medical file and update our instructing parties with the relevant information.
- Work as part of a team to ensure as many patients as possible are booked into our clinics and have their appointments arranged quickly and efficiently.
Hours and bonus
In this role, you will benefit from a monthly target-based bonus scheme which could see you earning up to an additional £2,500pa on top of the basic salary package. Top bookers can earn even more!
As a full-time Appointment Booker you will work 38.5 hours per week. Because of the high volumes of patient referrals and the times that people are typically available, you will work these hours Monday – Friday, but also work a 3-hour Saturday shift every fortnight.
Ascenti are open to part-time and condensed hours working requests. If this is something that you are interested in, please get in touch, or make a note on your application.
Culture and benefits
In this role you will have 25 days of annual leave (+ bank holidays) and a great loyalty based benefits package, which includes Vitality at Work membership, enhanced family (mat & pat) leave, free and discounted healthcare services and many other perks and rewards.
Ascenti’s Customer Support Teams are committed to continuous learning and progression, meaning that there will also be ample support and coaching in your role, with opportunities for you to develop if you wish.
The goal is for Ascenti to be a workplace that creates a sense of belonging for everyone. This means that they actively work to promote equal opportunities across all that they do, including when recruiting new talent.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, click apply.
Essential experience and skills
- Good PC/keyboard skills
- The ability to cope well under pressure and keep a cool head
- An excellent telephone manner and very good attention to detail
- A flexible approach with the ability to adapt quickly to meet the demands of a busy environment
- Educated to GCSE level or with equivalent professional experience