Being an Ascenti Psychologist is a huge privilege as you will be changing people’s lives every day.
You will be assessing and treating patients through digital therapy, via video and telephone calls; giving you the flexibility to work from home.
You will assess clinical cases from different perspectives, including suitability for treatment with a variety of approaches including CBT and EMDR.
Using contemporary and evidence-informed treatment methods, you will have the technology, tools, and support that you need to thrive as a clinician and to deliver outstanding treatment to our patients.
Our nationwide work varies, which means that you could be treating a range of people with a variety of mental health problems, from office workers and private medical insurance customers, to those referred for accident-related trauma and more complex difficulties.
It is an exciting time to join Ascenti as our mental health service is really taking off and we are looking for creative, highly skilled and top performing clinicians to help shape our service.
How your role fits within our team
Senior clinicians will check in with you regularly and you will be joining a specialist mental health team within our nationwide community of 300+ Ascenti clinicians who use our modern online tools to stay connected. You will work on your own online, but you will never feel alone.
You will work independently and free from paper and red tape, but with support on hand every step of the way, cutting-edge technology, and a proven ability to create award-winning clinical development resources to make your clinical work as straightforward and effective as possible.
- Treat your own clinical caseload of patients presenting with a variety of conditions and goals.
- Use high quality assessment skills to rapidly develop evidence-informed and highly effective formulations and treatment plans, including being able to recommend other treatment modalities including CBT and EMDR.
- Use strong communication skills to build rapport with clinicians and patients in a professional manner and inspire trust balancing a surety of confidence from a one-down perspective as needed.
- Convey complex ideas clearly and succinctly with a high degree of therapeutic alliance within your practice.
- Manage sensitive subjects and any cultural differences or obstacles with patients diplomatically and professionally.
- Use our digital health platform to conduct virtual sessions and prescribe patients with online resources and homework activity after their appointment.
- Manage high quality patient notes, future appointments, psychometric measures and compliance using our advanced patient workflow system.
- Our customer contact hub will provide you with initial patient referrals using our workflow system, but you will autonomously manage your diary, future appointments, and developing treatment plans.
Quality & safety
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and abide by core standards of practice outlined by your accreditation requirements with the BPS / HCPC.
- Complete core training modules and uphold these standards across all that you do.
- Work closely with your manager to identify and manage any risks.
- Utilise the support of senior clinicians, supervisors and colleagues to collaborate on any complex cases and advance your practice.
- Use our award-winning clinical development platform Absorb, to elevate your knowledge and be the best clinician you want to be.
- Collaborate and contribute to the development of our library of homework tasks and resources for you and your colleagues to use.
- Attend (and potentially offer) regular online and offline courses and events, that will contribute to your development as a practitioner and keep up-to-date records of your professional development.
Work with senior clinicians and your manager to achieve your annual goals and creatively develop as an evidence-based therapist.
Help clinicians benefit from your experience in formulation and treatment, as well as being called upon by senior clinicians to help develop the service using innovative and contemporary ideas.
- Build strong and functional working relationships with your mental health colleagues and other MDT clinicians involved with your patients’ care.
- Collaborate with different business departments to achieve shared goals, including administrative staff from our customer contact hub and governance and quality team members.
- Stay connected and network with the wider Ascenti team using our award-winning staff newsletter, intranet, events, and other social resources
Great benefits and rewards
Join Ascenti and you will enjoy a great benefits package with a range of hours options such as flexible, part-time and condensed hour '4 day weeks', along with 25 days' holiday (+bank holidays), enhanced family (mat & pat) leave, Vitality at Work membership, free and discounted healthcare services and many other perks and rewards. Click here to visit see our full benefits.
If you think this job looks good but isn't for you, you can even earn rewards without working for Ascenti. Refer a friend by following the instructions here and receive a £200 shopping voucher if they are successful. Click here to fill in the form
Join us today
Ascenti can also offer you sponsorship to work in the UK if you need it, so please don't let that put you off applying.
You probably feel like clicking apply. If you do, then go for it. It will take you two minutes and it is not essential that you include a CV. If you are a qualified physiotherapist then Ascenti want to talk to you, and someone will be in touch soon.
Click apply and find out more!
Knowledge and experience
Conducting effective clinical assessments and prescribing evidence-based treatment plans.
Core standards of Psychology practice and code of conduct outlined by your professional body.
Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
Strong verbal patient communication skills.
Abide by ethical obligations in therapy, with a strong sense of professional integrity.
Understanding of safety and legal obligations, including patient rights and consent.
Evidence of conducting initial assessments, providing diagnosis, and prescribing treatment plans.
Track record of working and communicating effectively with patients.
Using communication skills effectively and working collaboratively as part of a team or with other therapists and mental health clinicians.
Evidence of reading / studying in the English language and producing well-structured written documents or reports.