We are looking for someone to join our growing Front Office Trading Support Team. The team sits within the wider Execution-focused team of around 12 and are responsible for the support and stability of Aspect Trading systems. This covers DMA trade support, STP post trade processing, onboarding of new client accounts, new markets implementation, operation and monitoring of critical trading systems, testing and implementation of new workflow to reduce overheads and increase automation. Our team operates 24 hours a day, 5 days a week from London using technology-focused solutions to execute ~20,000 trades/day in 1,400+ markets situated in over 30 countries around the world.
You will be managing daily issues and queries, ensuring they're dealt with in a timely manner. No two days are the same, you will have the opportunity to get involved in every aspect of our Trade Support. Once you have a good understanding of the day to day role there will also be many opportunities for you to take on project work. As a support member, you will also use various technology applications such as; Jira, Confluence, Opsgenie, Activebatch, MobaXterm.
- Scripting skills in shell, python and/or powershell and good understanding of SQL
- Familiarity with widely used financial industry technologies; FxSpotStream, Bloomberg, Reuters, Order and Execution Management Systems (OMS/EMS)
- Experience (ideally 1-3 years) of Trading Application support with a practical understanding of FIX
- A keen appreciation for operational risk and the ability to quickly and effectively prioritise multiple tasks. Financial markets knowledge
- Experience of Windows and Linux troubleshooting would be beneficial
- Work in shift patterns covering 7am-9:45pm plus occasional on call night support
Time will be available for you to develop your technical skills and to help build your view of what is going on in the wider Front Office Trading community, you will be encouraged to attend events like conferences and counterparty meet-ups. We will help you build your career by ensuring you have access to mentoring and professional skills courses. Above all else we believe the best way to learn is by doing and we aim to have you be working closely with the Execution Team taking on responsibilities across a range of financial markets soon after your arrival onto the team.
If this role sounds of interest, we'd love to hear from you.
Opportunity for an IT Support Analyst Placement Student with Aspect Capital, a global systematic investment manager based in London.
Aspect Capital’s helpdesk team are a customer-focused group with responsibility for supporting our technology. Throughout your time with the company you will be working on desktop and infrastructure technology.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Initially the role will involve providing ‘first response’ to any technology issue, which means that you will log issues in our tracking system and allocate them to members of the team to resolve.
- Checking IT equipment in meeting rooms is in good order.
- Completing administrative tasks, including setting up new joiners accounts and computers, password resets and account permissions.
- Working with and supporting the Aspect Capital IT team in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- We will ensure you have plenty of training and guidance, and over time your confidence and ability will grow so that you will be able to help fix many of the issues yourself.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Must be currently studying an IT related course at University.
- We don’t expect candidates to have an understating of all the technologies we use as we are able to teach those skills, although a curiosity in IT and some personal experience with PC troubleshooting and using Microsoft Windows and Office is required.
- Excellent communication skills – you are the first point of contact for the team
- Customer focused
- Organisational skills – there are lots of interesting projects to get involved with
- Prioritisation – understanding what is important and what can wait
- Central London Location
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Subsidised social and sporting activities
- Cycle to work scheme
Are you passionate about technology and want to use your skills and knowledge to solve business problems?
Aspect Capital is an award-winning systematic hedge fund based in London, UK that manages over $8 billon of client assets, where technology plays a critical role in the success of the business.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Software Development team. This is an opportunity to work within a well-established team where your primary responsibility is to utilise technology to solve business problems. We work in a fast paced and dynamic environment where the goal is to help deliver Aspect’s ambitious business plans.
- Work closely with our internal business users to break down high level requirements into feasible technology solutions, identifying opportunities for unlocking business value early.
- Develop features on a range of systems written in Java, MATLAB, and Python, integrating with our proprietary trading systems and strategic SaaS providers, utilising industry best practice in SDLC (e.g., TDD, CI/CD, monitoring)
- Learn key features of the expanding range of financial markets Aspect trades and the business processes that are required to support them.
- Keep up to date with what is going on in the wider tech community - you will be encouraged to attend events like conferences and meet-ups.
- Above all else, we believe the best way to learn is by doing and aim to have you making meaningful changes from the first week in your new role.
- Around 2-6 years of experience as a software engineer in a professional environment, taking requirements from concept to production use (no previous financial markets experience necessary as training will be provided).
- Strong development skills: Java experience is preferable, willingness to learn Python and MATLAB a must.
- The ability to work collaboratively and communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Python or MATLAB
- Experience in cloud and container technologies such AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Financial domain knowledge.